My love, my wife!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Our new home!





Arusha, Tanzania has been our new home since 5-29-07 and we sometimes feel like strangers in a strange land, but we have been shown an unbelievable amount of kindness by the people in this area. On June 15 we joined with a group from Alabama and headed to Maasai country to be part of a two week medical mission, which turned out to be an experience of a lifetime. Over 1800 men, women, and children went through the medical clinic and 4-6 "Jesus film" showings were presented each night we were there. We lived in tents and had an evengelism room, as well as hut-to-hut evangelism, during the day. During the week that we were at the first site, there were hundreds of people who repented and accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Bwana Asifiwe (praise the Lord)

5 comments:

Jen & Russell said...

P&J,

Wow! Awesome! Loved it! Thanks for sending it to me.

God's Blessings,
Jennifer Brevick

PS - Pat is beautiful and love the photos of her. Do you have any of you and her working in the field? Love to see more photos!!

Delaney & Georgia Crawley said...

John and Pat, This a wonderful way to convey what you are doing. We appreciate your working with us to reach Africa for Christ. If you ever have in mind doing something that we have not discussed with you or anything not included in the message we sent you, please let us know.
Love You,
Delaney &^ Georgia

Victoria Richerson said...

I am reminded daily of our time together in Tanzania. I look forward to God sending me there to live and work!

For now He has me planted here doing His work here, but I praise Him that I know I will get to go back to Africa and rejoin in His work there, too!

I love and miss you both so much! Daily God has me praying for you!

Yesu ni Bwana!

Hugs and Love,
Victoria

Unknown said...

Hey John and Pat!!
This Wesley Kris Samuel and baby due March!! Can you believe how God is blessing us we miss you guys soooo much!!! So excited for you guys I pray and think about you often remember i set my phone for one of the time zones you are in so i know what time it is there. Love you guys and so proud of yall. Matt 28:19 "go make disciples" I can't think of a better couple than to make disciples of the people.

May God bless you and may his face shine upon you.

the Cannon's

jpahlenius said...

Habari ya nyumbani,
Praise the Lord. I miss you guys a lot. Such an adventure clearing your visa? Did Stanley go with you or send you out on your own?

How is learning kiswahili coming? I'll bet you guys have jumped right in. Isn't Nane Nane a kick. I bought the piki piki there. I should have had you look up the sellers. I haven't helped Stanley with the registration
Badaye,
Yours is Christ
John Ahlenius

Say hello to Munka and his family.